Digital Games ScholarshipFor students with a demonstrated passion for digital games/app design who applied to a relevant program of study in Canada
Applications for the 2022/2023 scholarships have now closed. Those selected for the interview stage will be contacted directly. Thank you to everyone who applied!
Are you a kid at heart looking to start a career in digital games/app design? The Spin Master Digital Games Scholarship can be the launching pad for that journey.
In 2022, we will be awarding one digital games scholarship.
About the Scholarship:
The scholarship is open to candidates who demonstrate a passion for digital games and have applied to a full-time program within Canada. You will receive $12,500 to support you during the first year of your studies. The award is renewable for the duration of your program provided you receive an average grade of 75% in each year of study. Upon successful completion of your first year of the program, you will receive an opportunity to interview for an internship with Spin Master.
Who should apply?
• You are a candidate who has completed high school and are planning to apply for your first year of studies. We will not be accepting applications from candidates who have already completed a year of a program.
• You have applied to an accredited post-secondary institution to study digital game design or a related field (you will need to provide proof of acceptance before we release the funds).
• You are legally able to reside in the country of study.
• You identify as a member of an underrepresented community (I.e. women, LGBTQIA+, BIPOC) and have financial need.
• Unfortunately, we are not able to accept applications from children of Spin Master employees.
How will you apply?
To apply for the scholarship, you need to:
• Prepare a letter of motivation (500 words or less) that tells us which institution you’re going to study at, what this scholarship means to you, why you have chosen to study digital game design and what your dream career is.
• Provide one letter of reference from a teacher or art instructor.
• Provide us with a few examples of your creative work or a link to a website where we can see what you have created.
Send your completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 1, 2022. Candidates selected to move forward will be invited to participate in the interview process.
Spin Master strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to scholarship applicants who may require provisions to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment processes. Should you require an accommodation, please contact our Talent Acquisition team, by email at TAinquiries@spinmaster.com or by phone at 416 364-6002 and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.